Old Favourite, New Packaging | Mac's MSF Natural Powder


It's always a sad, sad day when I hit pan on my beloved Mac MSF powder. Although it's one of my most loved 'holy grail' products, I can't say I relish re-purchasing it.  Powder is one of those products that I just don't get overly excited about - yes, it's probably one of the most important steps in my makeup regime but it's more of a necessity as opposed to a treat. Try as I might to find a cheaper alternative - I can't.  So when I got towards the final dregs of my last compact (and believe me I really did scrape every single last little fleck of powder out of that pan) I tottled straight off to Mac to grab myself a new one. I never normally blog about my random re-purchases, especially if I already have a full review somewhere already, but I was really impressed with the new packaging and thought I'd share it.  I'd heard mixed opinions but I have to say I really do prefer the new, sleek design. At first, I was a little unsure - after all, when companies 'repackage' products, it's normally just a sneaky way of charging more whilst down-sizing the actual product weight...but Mac have kept everything exactly the same - they've just made their compact a little more sturdy and in my opinion, much better looking. Oh, and they've thrown in a mirror for good measure. Always a winner in my books! The magnetic closure also makes me rather happy...


The powder itself is just divine.  I've never been able to find another alternative that works for me the way Mineralise Skinfinish Natural does. I love the fact that it looks so undetectable on the skin - it doesn't dull the complexion, helps to 'airbrush' out any imperfections that my foundation hasn't covered whilst keeping any oil at bay.  It never looks like I'm wearing powder - it doesn't cling to dry patches, still allows the natural glow of my skin to show through and it also does a tip-top job at keeping my foundation in place all day.  It really does tick off all the boxes for me and I haven't gone a day without it since I first discovered it. Mac's MSF retails for £23.00 - definitely on the higher-end of the scale when it comes to powders but it lasts ages  - I've been using this for around 3 years now and I reckon I've only had to buy 3 or 4 compacts.  It also featured in my 'Best of 2013' post here. You can find Mac's Mineralise Skinfinish Natural powder on the Mac website and also in store.

What do you think to the new packaging? What's your 'go-to' powder?

No comments:

Post a Comment