Chanel Rouge Coco | 20 - Rose Comete

Chanel Rouge Coco | Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in 20 'Rose Comete' | £24.00

Forgive me for the photographical overload here girls, but my first ever Chanel lipstick deserved some camera time.  After becoming a huge fan of Chanel's ever popular 'Bronze Universal' a few months back now, I decided that for Christmas, I'd ask Santa for one of their lipsticks - being a complete and utter lipstick-a-holic, i simply had to own one. I decided on the shade 'Rose Comete' after much debating. As much as I'd adore a classic red shade, I wanted to own a neutral shade that I could wear on a day to day basis and one that would compliment all kinds of makeup and outfits - after all, if I'm going to whip out a Chanel lipstick on my travels, I want to be able to whip it out on a regular basis don't I?! Rose Comete is a lilac, pink shade with a frosted finish. It has beautiful little flecks of 'seashell' pink shimmer running through it and has a gorgeous cool-lilac undertone to it that is both flattering on my skin tone and unbelievably wearable. It's also unlike any other lipstick I own.

Colour aside, the packaging is just what dreams are made of (slightly poetic I know, but it really is!). It feels weighty. It looks classy. And it applies so smoothly from the bullet. The gold accents to the lipstick casing and the ever-so delicate 'Chanel' writing inscribed in the side is just the perfect finishing touch (and I must admit I'm slightly uneasy about the fact that one day, I shall undoubtedly wear the lipstick down to this point - *sobs*) 

The application is really lovely - the dome shape of the lipstick itself makes it very easy to achieve a smooth, even line around the edges of the lips, as the tip is very thin and easy to work with. The frosted finish is very noticeable, so it's not for everyone - I find I do sometimes have to apply a gloss over the top if I'm having a 'dry lips' day as it does have a tendency to settle in lines slightly.. Aside from this, the colour is just stunning, and is perfect for those days when you want a little bit of glam in your life but don't want to overdo it on the colour.  Wear time is also impressive - for a lighter, sheerer wash of colour, I've not had any problems with having to over-apply.  I really want to try some of their moisturising lip colours now, as well as their Rouge Allure's - I definitely need a Chanel red in my life.. who doesn't?!


Have you tried any Chanel lip products? Which colour shall I invest in next?

No comments:

Post a Comment