Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in 'Revenge' | Dupe for Mac's 'Dark Side'?


You know me... casually stroll into Boots and make a beeline straight for the lipsticks.  When I heard of Collection's new Gothic Glam range a couple of weeks back, I tottled off to pick one up - it's no secret that I've been in favour of a darker lip of late!  I instantly settled on 'Revenge' - a deep maroon shade. The collection consists of 2 other shades - one slightly lighter berry red, and a very daring deep purple.  The lighter maroon looked very similar to their 'Prohibition' Deluxe lipstick which I already own (it has it's own post here!) and I couldn't quite see myself pulling off the purple shade (beautiful as it is) without looking like I was about to go trick or treating... so 'Revenge' it was!

I have to say - Collection know how to make a lipstick. Every single one I've bought, I've loved.  They're pigmented, last amazingly well and the formula is always really creamy and non-drying - not to mention the amazing price! For £2.99, these little beauties are a fabulous option for a purse-friendly treat.  As soon as I popped 'Revenge' on the lips, I was instantly reminded of my newest dark-lip fave, Mac's 'Dark Side'. (post here)  And when I got them both out alongside each other to compare, I wasn't wrong! Not only are they very close in the colour stakes, but they give a very similar look and finish to the lips and are both incredibly opaque.  'Dark Side' is more of a true dark maroon shade compared with 'Revenge' - Collection's offering is ever so slightly more purple toned as can be seen in the swatches above.  Personally,  I don't see a great deal of difference once worn - and although my Mac favourite tops the mark sliiightly, I must admit I love 'Revenge' and I'm so glad I picked it up.  I love the formula - it's lovely and opaque without being completely matte, so it gives that little bit of dimension to your lips and doesn't instantly settle into fine lines or dry areas. Thumbs up from me!

Of course, I'm aware I actually didn't need both of these lipsticks in my collection - after all, they're both extremely similar - but I must admit I'm quite happy to have found a cheaper, affordable dupe for a Mac winter favourite!  I always feel a little 'iffy' about taking my Mac lipsticks out with me (we've all been there, done that and lost the £15 lipstick, right?), so in future, I shall keep the Collection version in my handbag for on the go top ups! I can't seem to find the Gothic Glam collection on Boots website, but you can easily find them in store and also in Superdrug here. For £2.99, they're the perfect excuse to try something a little more daring this winter...  I have a post on Mac's Dark Side here if you fancy comparing the 2 in more detail!

Have you tried any lipsticks from Collection's 'Gothic Glam' range? Whats your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment