Merry Christmas to Me... | Ted Baker 'Lips Made For Kissing' Set


I've done it. I've caved into Boots' 3 for 2 offer on Christmas Gifts and bought one for myself. *slap wrist Bethers!*.  It wasn't intentional, I promise.  But I was lured in by the pretty little tin and the fabulous selection of lip crayons and just had to pop it into my basket.  I like to think of it as my little present to myself for being such a good Christmas shopper and getting everything sorted early this year.  It's fine to treat yourself now and again, right?  I love Boots' Christmas section - they have so many amazing gifts and I'm always tempted every year.  This is the first year in a good 5 years that I won't be working in the shopping centre where I live - I always used to pop through Boots on my way to work and grab a bargain the day that they reduced their Christmas Gifts (I used to nab myself a Soap & Glory box set at 8:15 in the morning before everyone else piled in and fought their way to the tills...I used to get the best bargains without any need for pushing or shoving) But this year, I doubt I'll be up at the crack of dawn to nab myself some 50% off treats - so I figured I'd just treat myself now to avoid disappointment.  Fully justified purchase.

Ted Baker always do lovely gift sets.  Their packaging is always spot on and I'm a sucker for anything in a tin. It was meant to be really, wasn't it? As soon as I saw the 4 different lip shades I knew I had to have it.  There isn't a single shade I wouldn't wear.  I wasn't expecting much in the pigmentation stakes but after swatching, I have to say I'm so impressed.  They're so soft and creamy and don't require building up at all. What you see is more or less what you get!  They're also really moisturising - they feel lightweight and soft on the lips - being ever so slightly glossy in appearance without feeling heavy or slippy. The perfect consistency for a lip crayon.  Sadly, they don't have names - but I'm sure that's just a beauty blogger preference! The middle 2 shades have to be my faves - the deep berry colour is just a beauty (as you may know I'm obsessed with anything slightly dark and berry-ish right now!) and the mid-pink shade is perfect for everyday wear.  They're easy to apply, easy to twist up and they glide across the lips like a dream!

Honestly - I couldn't recommend this little set enough.  For £15.00 (that's less that £4 per crayon!) it's such a good bargain - considering that similar products on the market retail for around the £8-9 mark for a singular product and often aren't as pigmented. You even get a pretty little tin too! I'm fully aware I will probably see this tin reduced by more than half price as soon as January rolls around but I just wasn't prepared to take that risk - it's definitely going to be one that flys off the shelves pretty sharpishly in my opinion! You can find the 'Lips Made for Kissing' set online here, or take a look at the other 3 for 2 gift options from Boots here. I can't wait until everything's reduced so I can grab a few more gift sets! I have my eyes on a few Champneys goodies and a few No.7 sets but I shall try my luck and wait until they're all on sale now. Fingers crossed I manage to find some more beauty gems...

Have you treated yourself to anything this Christmas? Do you have you eye on any Boots bargains?!


No comments:

Post a Comment