New Favourite | Nars Matte Multiple in 'Altai'

 Nars Matte Multiple in 'Altai' | £30.00 | Link

As soon as I heard of the new Nars Multiples, I knew it was going to be a challenge and a half to resist them.  Nars have to be one of, if not my actual favourite brand. Oh yes that's right - I went there - a  BIG statement to make for a beauty blogger who's favourites change like the wind - but there's something about Nars that really appeals to me and I'm yet to be disappointed with any of their products.  I strolled into SpaceNK with the ever so innocent intention of just having a look at the newbie multiples and, lo and behold, I waltzed out 10 minutes later with a new cosmetic treat, a rather guilty grin on my face and a whole £30 lighter. Was it worth it though? Of course it was! Undoubtedly, there's been a few mixed reviews and I have to hold my hands up and admit I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with their 'Copacabana' highlighting multiple, however, this little beauty has completely shaken up my makeup routine and it really was love at first swatch.

Now then, I'll get my little bug-bear out of the way first and tell you that Nars have been very naughty with their new multiples. The matte range is exactly the same price as the originals, however, you get considerably less for your money.  They're notably smaller in size, and contain 7.5g of product compared with the originals which contain 14g - quite a whopping bit of difference there if I don't say so myself. This being said,  I actually find the smaller size works in the product's favour and I find it easier to apply straight from the bullet as it's a little more dainty. I also find the matte ones to be incredibly pigmented - much more than the original ones - so you could also argue that you're using less. Although slightly annoying, I can let the crafty little downsize slide...

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I'm a big fan of contouring and bronzing/sculpting products are often tip-top of my wish list! I've used this product every day since I got it and I'm addicted to the effect it gives - I adore it! I've used it for both subtle bronzing and for contouring purposes and I love the finish it provides - it's matte but it doesn't look powdery or flat at all (the reason i usually stay away from matte products).  I use Nars' Sheer Glow foundation and I have to say it makes for a lovely combination - the products mesh so well together and give such a flawless, airbrushed finish. There's no shimmer whatsoever so it's perfect for getting a good bit of 'sculpt' going on around your cheekbones, and it's also amazingly buildable. It's very pigmented, but don't let that scare you off - you can go as sheer or as strong as you like with this beauty! Colour wise, 'Altai' is perfect for my skin tone. It might be a touch too dark for those with very pale skin tones but for me, it works a treat.  It warms up my complexion and gives my skin a healthy appearance that I struggle to get from powder products - it really is quite hard to describe.

There are a number of ways you can apply the product.  After speaking with the sales assistant about the best application, she showed me a variety of ways to use it and applied it to my cheekbones using a flat foundation brush.  This method is one that I haven't used before with my previous multiples but it's a lovely way to get an airbrushed finish - I would never have thought of trying it this way if she hadn't showed me.  You can dampen the brush so it's easier to sheer out, or you can just 'dab' the brush onto the stick and apply in sweeps to the cheekbones - I personally prefer a dry brush. If you want a stronger contour or flush of colour, it's actually quite easy to apply straight from the bullet (before or after your foundation!) and although it's scary at first to essentially draw the colour onto your face, it's very very easy to get a professional, perfectly blended finish. I've taken to applying my foundation, and then placing a small amount directly from the bullet to the very tops of my cheekbones and blending out, before taking some on the flat brush and sweeping gently down the face where I don't want the contour to be as strong. This method works a charm! The brush I use is by Lola (pictured below) - it's lovely and soft and is such a lovely size for working with the cheekbones (I featured it in my recent haul and speak more about it here - it's fab!)


So, as you can see, it is more of a bronzer as opposed to a true contour colour but there is no reason why you can't use this for scultping (the assistant in SpaceNK recommended it for contouring and I personally think it's lovely for this purpose). I've used grey toned contour colours in the past and I've found that they can make me look a little 'dead' if I'm not careful - so the fact that this has some warmth to it really is a plus point for me and it isn't orange or overly red toned either. It's such a nice shade for the upcoming warmer weather.

SO, needless to say, the new Nars Multiples get a massive thumbs up from me! I'm definitely in the love it camp... In fact, it's made me fall back in love with my highlighting multiple in and the two look amazing paired together.  I'm not sure if I'm drawn to the blush shades as much but with sunnier weather (hopefully) on the cards for summer, I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of use out of this beautiful matte bronze. It's definitely going to be packed away in my suitcase should I actually manage to get away this year... (one can but hope)  You can find the Nars Matte Multiples on the SpaceNK website here.

Have you tried the Nars Matte Multiples? What did you reckon?

No comments:

Post a Comment