The Perfect Autumn Coral | Deborah Milano Natural Blush in 'Spicy'

Deborah Milano | Natural Blush in '04 - Spicy' | £6.90* | Link

I'm partial to a peach blush or two, me.  I find that I suit warmer peach and coral tones much more easily than cooler pinks, even throughout winter.  My new go-to blush is this little beauty from Deborah Milano and it's been the perfect addition to my collection.   I've previously had the chance to try one of their Moisture Shine lipsticks (review here), so was really looking forward to trying their 'Natural Blush' in Shade 04 - 'Spicy'.  I would describe the colour as a mid-toned dusky peach with a slight orangey pink tone throughout. The photographs pick it up to be slightly brighter than it is due to the lighting - but the swatch is a little more true to colour.  I'm a big fan of Illamasqua's 'Lover' blush, but I sometimes find that it can be a little too bright for my autumn/winter skin, and the orange tones in it bring out any dark circles I might have - this is why I've been loving 'Spicy' just recently.  It's a little more forgiving on paler skin, isn't as bright and looks that little bit more natural due to it's slightly pink undertone. Really flattering and the perfect compliment to any makeup look.

What I love about the blush is how soft and smooth it is - it blends out effortlessly and gives the skin a lovely gentle flush of colour.  The subtle contours of the product in the pan make it easier to pick up on a fluffy blush brush, and even the tiniest amount transfers as a lovely, even colour on the cheeks.  It looks fabulous with a subtle highlight and contour, and finishes off my every day makeup perfectly.  The blush contains a tiny bit of sheen - as you can see in the close up shots - but it doesn't transfer much onto the skin - giving it a satin/almost matte finish that looks lovely and natural - not a hint of 'glitterball' in there whatsoever!  My perfect kind of coral blush.

Deborah Milano say that their 'Natural Blush' is enriched with precious gem dust and contains minerals that are good for the skin (including Mother of Pearl, Coral, Amber and Jade to name a few) whilst being suitable for even the most sensitive of skin types (that's me!).  It really has become my go-to blush and can imagine I'll be wearing this well into autumn/winter - it's not so bright that it belongs solely in your summer makeup bag but gives your skin a warming pop of colour that brightens the complexion and looks flawless in finish. A very good little all-rounder that will be perfect for all seasons, in my opinion! The compact does come with a little tiny brush - it's always a nice touch for on-the-go but personally I find it blends better with a bigger, fluffy blush brush (the Real Techniques one works extremely well with it!).  For £6.90, it easily beats some of my drugstore favourites and the quality and wear time are up there with the best.  Totally worth the price tag and I won't be hesitating to pick up another shade in the near future!

You can find the Natural Blushes on the Deborah Milano website here

What shade have you got your eye on? Do you like the sound of these blushes?

5 comments:

Post a Comment