November Favourites


Before I dive into this month's favourites, I just want to apologise for my slight lag in usual blogging habits. I've had a tonne of uni work on my shoulders and as a result I had completely and utterly lost my blogging mojo. Fear not though my pretties, the blogging mojo is BACK. I found it. And I've very much missed it. What better way to kick off a month of normal blogging than with my monthly favourites?

Yves Saint Laurent | Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation | £28 - I recently posted a full review of this product here - I've been using it non-stop since I caved in and bought it, and I really do love it to pieces. It's not the most long-lasting foundation on the planet but the finish is just incredible and it blurs every single imperfection making your skin appear perfectly smooth. It's very creamy and luxurious in texture and glides on like a dream.

Soap & Glory | For Daily Youth 6 in 1 Superboost Moisture Lotion | £12.00 - Oof, what a mouthful! I've had this moisturiser for a while and use it when my skin is in particular need of a good bit of moisture. I've had dry patches around my cheeks just recently, and this has cleared it up with ease. My skin gets slightly oily around my t-zone, so I don't like to use heavy moisturisers - this one is just the perfect in-between and just the right amount for me. It use it in the morning before applying my primer, and again at night so it can sink in overnight. It claims to help to renew the skin and boost collagen, and with regular use I often notice my skin appears smoother and brighter.

Maybelline Volume Express Lift-Up Mascara | £6.19 - I have an addiction to Maybelline mascaras. Ever since I tried their 'Falsies' mascara, i've never looked back and I just find their mascaras work for me. I have long lashes, but very straight ones that mean I have to curl them every morning to get any kind of volume. I still have to curl my eyelashes when I use this, but it keeps them in place really well, and gives an amazing bit of volume. I usually prefer my mascaras once they've dried out slightly, but this one was perfect from day one and the wand has just the right amount of curve to it. A new favourite - I hope they bring out a waterproof version.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer | £20 - Ever since I discovered Estee Lauder's concealers, I haven't touched my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (a very much loved concealer amongst the blogger community!) They last longer on the skin, they don't cake when reapplied and they last for ages in the tube. I did a review earlier this year on their 'Smoothing Creme Concealer' here, but I find the Double Wear slightly better for my winter skin. Honestly, if you want a really good concealer for both blemishes and under-eyes, look no further.

Mac Lipstick in 'Creme Cup' | £14 - A firm favourite in my lipstick collection. I use it through summer and winter for an everyday nude/pink lip. It's a cremesheen formula, which has to be my favourite formula from Mac - slightly more moisturising and adds a lovely finish to the lips.

Revlop Lip Butter in 'Creme Brulee' | £7.99 - I love the Revlon Lip Butters - especially now winter has crept around the corner and my lips are feeling a little bit deprived of moisture! This is my second tube of 'Creme Brulee' now - it's just the perfect addition to my make-up bag and I wear it every day without fail. I apply it like a lip-balm every couple of hours or so, and it just adds a really subtle wash of nude to the lips which is really flattering and effortless. The lip butter formula means it looks slightly glossy when applied, and it masks any imperfections.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Lip Liner in 'Spice' | £16 - I've been using this lip pencil a lot just recently, it's a slightly reddish-nude shade that manages to blend well with most lipsticks. It lasts for ages, and because it's only slightly darker than my natural lip colour it looks really natural and adds a lot of volume to the lips without looking false.


No comments:

Post a Comment