Sleek | Shangri-La Collection | Truly Mattely Deeply in 'Jazz'

  Sleek | Shangri-La Collection | Truly Mattely Deeply in 'Jazz' | £4.99
 | Bottom photograph - 'Jazz' worn with Barry M lipgloss over the top

When I first heard of Sleek's Shangri-La Collection, I was really intrigued by their Truly Mattely Deeply lip glosses. Personally, I can't see how they can be classed as a 'gloss' - but the idea of a highly pigmented lip product really sparked a bit of excitement in me and I was at Superdrug's counters quicker than you could say 'typical beauty blogger'. I decided on the shade 'Jazz' - a vibrant, bright red shade (there's only 2 shades available, the other being a candyfloss pink) - as much as I love my nudes, I must admit I adore a good red lippie for nighttime wear, and this is just the most amazing shade of statement red. Just my cup of tea.

It does say on the packaging to apply to fully moisturised lips - and believe me you do need a damn good lip balm to apply before and after application as this product is drying. It 'sets' to the lips within seconds and doesn't budge for anything. This is great for longevity - a few seconds after application and it won't smudge or transfer whatsoever - i actually had to use make-up remover to take it off! But it does flake off after a bit of wear. It's ridiculously drying and It didn't feel very 'comfortable' even after application of a balm. I applied a gloss over it to blur any dry bits it shows up and to make the colour stand out even more (as seen above) and I also applied a balm beforehand to 'prep' my lips and give them a bit of moisture. I suppose you have to expect a little bit of dryness when you buy a 'matte' lip product..

What I cannot fault, however, is the pigmentation. Sleek aren't telling fibs on the packaging - 'Jazz' is amazingly pigmented and the colour you see in the tube is the exact colour you get on the lips. It's so eye-catchingly bright - I really cannot wait to use this in summer when I have my tan back as it has slight orange undertones that add a bit of warmth to the skin.


Have you tried the Sleek Truly Mattely Deeply glosses or anything from the PPQ Shangri-La Collection?  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment