Top 5 | Autumn Berry Shades | Lipsticks

 Swatches L-R / 1. Natural Collection 'Berry Blush' / 2. Maxfactor 'Mulberry' / 3. Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow' / 4. Topshop 'Beguiled' / 5. Maxfactor 'Ruby Tuesday'


Yes. I'm afraid I'm here with yet another lipstick themed offering for you all this eve'. I love the fact that I can get away with being a little bit more daring with my lip colour in the colder months and the past few weeks I've been addicted to berry shades. There's just something about the Autumn/Winter season that inspires me to go a bit darker with my makeup and experiment a bit more. There's no doubt I'll be adding more to my collection over the next few months, but I thought I would share my current top 5 and maybe help inspire a few of you to pick your perfect berry shade of the moment...

Natural Collection 'Berry Blush' - The cheapest of the bunch, this little gem is perfect for everyday wear. I've been really impressed with the slightly darker shades in the Natural Collection range - they're surprisingly pigmented and last for a good while with minimal fade. This one provides a beautiful wash of colour to the lips - and is the shade I've been reaching for most as it's so easy to wear for all occasions. I don't find it too drying either - it's just a really great little addition to my collection.

Maxfactor 'Mulberry' - I was umming and arring over this one for ages. It looks amazing when swatched - it's a deep purple/maroon shade with flecks of shimmer that catch the light beautifully. I was scared it would be too dark for me but it's such a flattering colour and it lasted a good 4 hours at uni without any need to reapply. I love the formulation of Maxfactor's Colour Elixir lipsticks (i now have 2 in my collection and I can't wait to throw some more in my basket...) they apply amazingly and give a satin finish to the lips - perfect for winter.

Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow' - Such a classic colour to have in your makeup collection. This lipstick is loved by so many beauty bloggers and it's so easy to see why. This colour looks amazing on the lips - it's quite bright but it's one that will easily suit most skin tones and it instantly brightens up your complexion.

Topshop 'Beguiled' -  The most daring of the bunch, this lipstick isn't for the faint hearted! I must admit I struggle to wear this for everyday wear - unless I really tone down my eye make up it can look a little 'overdone', but if I'm going out for drinks or for dinner it's such a fabulous statement colour. My only grumble would be that you do need to use a liner with it as the formulation is quite 'slippy' - but it gives a lovely finish to the lips and one coat provides enough colour to last for a good few hours. If you're after a more matte finish then Mac's 'Dark Side' is an excellent alternative (also on my 'berry wish list'...)

Maxfactor 'Ruby Tuesday' - My favourite red lipstick of the moment. In the summer I opt for brighter eye-popping reds, and in the winter months I lean more towards slightly deeper shades like this one. I'll be doing a review of the Colour Elixir lipsticks soon - I've been so impressed with them!


What are your favourite berry shades of the moment?
 

- i'm planning on doing a little post on the lipliners I use alongside these lipsticks this week - keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment